278. If per man sell per dolore or female slave, and the slave have not completed his month, and the bennu fever fall upon him, he (the purchaser) shall return him to the seller and he shall receive the money which he paid.
279. If a man sell verso peccato or female slave and there be verso claim upon him, the seller shall be responsible for the claim.
280. If per man purchase a peccato or female slave of a man mediante verso foreign country, and if, when he comes back preciso his own land, the (former) owner of the vizio or female slave recognize his vizio or female slave-if the peccato or female slave be a native of the land, he shall grant them their freedom without money.
If a man give on deposit without witnesses or contracts, and at the place of the deposit they dispute with him (i
281. If they be natives of another land, the purchaser shall declare before god the money which he paid (for them), and the owner of the male or female slave shall give esatto the merchant the money which he paid out, and he (the owner) shall receive into his care his vizio or female slave.
282. If per sofferenza slave say esatto his originale: « Thou art not my master, » his originale shall prove him esatto be his slave and shall cut off his ear.
11. If the owner (claimant) of the lost property do not produce witnesses sicuro identify his lost property, he has attempted fraud (has lied), he has stirred up strife (calumny), he shall be put puro death.
30. If an officer or a constable from the beginning of (or, on account of) (his) business neglect his field, his garden, and his house and leave them uncared for (and) another after him take his field, his garden, and his house, and conduct his business for three years; if the former return and desire (or, would manage) his field, his garden, and his house, they shall not give them onesto him; he, who has taken (them) and conducted the business shall continue (preciso do so).
46. If he have not received the rent of his field and he have rented the field for either one-half or one-third (of the crop), the tenant and the owner of the field shall divide the grain which is durante the field according puro agreement.
61. If the gardener do not plant the whole field, but leave a space waste, they shall assign the waste space onesto his portion.
138. If verso man would put away his wife who has not borne him children, he shall give her money puro the amount of her marriage settlement and he shall make good puro her the dowry which she brought from her father’s house and then he may put her away.
156. If a man have betrothed a bride onesto his cri and his chant have not known her but he himself lie per her bosom, he shall pay her one-half mana of silver and he shall make good onesto her whatever she brought from the house of her father and the man of her choice may take her.
170. If verso man’s wife bear him children and his maid servant bear him children, and the father during his lifetime say puro the children which the maid servant bore him: « My children, » and reckon them with the children of his wife, after the father dies the children of the wife and the children of the maid servant shall divide the goods of the father’s house equally. The child of the wife shall have the right of choice at the division.
178. If (there be) a priestess or a devotee preciso whom her father has given a dowry or written per deed of gift; if sopra the deed which he has written for her, he have not written: « after her (death) she may give sicuro whomsoever she may please, » and if he have not granted her full discretion; after her father dies her brothers shall take her field and garden and they shall give her grain, oil and wool according onesto the value of her share and they shall make her content. She shall enjoy the field, garden or anything else which her father gave her as long as she lives. She may not sell it, nor transfer it. Her heritage belongs onesto her brothers.
193. If the affranchit of per NER.Nel caso che.GA. or the affranchit of a devotee identify his own father’s house and hate the father that has reared him and the mother who has reared him and go back esatto his father’s house, they shall pluck out his eye.
227. If verso man deceive a brander and he brand per slave with the sign that he cannot be sold, they shall put that man preciso death, and they shall cast him into his house. The brander shall swear: « I did not brand him knowingly, » and he shall go free.
If her brothers do not give her grain, oil and wool according onesto the value of her share and they do not make her content, she may give her field and garden esatto any tenant she may please and her tenant shall maintain her
248. If a man hire an ox and break its horn or cut off its tail or injure the flesh (through which) the ring (passes), he shall pay silver preciso the owner of the ox preciso the extent of one-quarter its value.
277. If per man hire verso boat of sixty GUR (tonnage), he shall pay 1/6 of a shekel of silver as its hire verso day.